Found this good tips to change the default option “Specify your own value” to something else:
1. Edit the NewForm.aspx & EditForm.aspx using SharePoint Designer.
2. Add new Content Editor Web Part below the default List Form Web Part.
3. Add the following script in the CDATA section.
There are other ways such as changing the masterpage or some of the core .js file, which I will not recommend.
The 5000 item limits in SharePoint list view.
Originally posted on SharePoint Tips by Nick Hobbs:
In this post I try to explain the List View Threshold that was introduced in SharePoint 2010, the benefits that it provides, the operations that are prevented when the threshold is exceeded, and possible ways to get them working again.
What is the List View Threshold?
SharePoint 2010 has introduced a List View Threshold which helps to keep the SharePoint servers performing well by restricting the amount of list data that can be queried and displayed. This applies to lists and libraries including document libraries.
This configuration applies to each web application independently, i.e. Portal, Workplaces, Archive, and My Sites. The default limit is set at 5,000 items.
Once a query exceeds the configured limit, the query is stopped and usually a message is displayed indicating something to the effect that it is stopped because the List View Threshold is exceeded.
Typically users will see such queries in use by List…
View original 1,835 more words
Using calculated column to write html has been well known since SharePoint 2007. I always like to do this because it does not require complex customization on xslt or even SharePoint designer. Today I check out this blog which has more good examples: http://sharepointwijzer.nl/sharepoint-blog/tech/icc-html-calculated-column-sharepoint-view/#ICCadvanced
I would like to share a simple solution to highlight rows in SharePoint list using calculated field.
Simple. Hope this save the time many out there seeking for quick solution.
This is quick workaround to change the default “Save” button to “Send” or any word, in the default SharePoint list form such as newitem.aspx.
1. Go the Edit mode of the form. (List Tools(Ribbon) > Form Web Parts > Default New Form)
2. Add a Content Editor Web Part and enter the following java script.
3. Save and done.
No need InfoPath. No need SharePoint Designer.
Require custom Display form, remain default New and Edit item form for a SharePoint custom list.
Create custom InfoPath form to replace default DispForm.aspx.
SharePoint list automatically associate edit form from InfoPath. Using SharePoint Designer to set the default form does not work.
- Go to List Settings > Form Settings > choose “Use the default SharePoint form” without checking “Delete the InfoPath Form from the server”. This will reset the list to use back all the default form.
- Go to SharePoint Designer, select displayifs.aspx and Set as Default. This will set the InfoPath form as the default display form.